Looking for friendly, expert advice you can trust? You’ve come to the right place.
I’m Laura, a UK Registered Dietitian and health writer.
I’m fascinated by how food makes us feel, think and live, and I’m passionate about helping you understand the relationship between what goes on your plate and what happens in your body.
My journey into nutrition started more than 10 years ago, at undergraduate level. Since then I’ve completed three further degrees in nutrition, specialising in weight loss, digestive health, IBS and sports nutrition. I’ve come to realise that it’s not just about what we eat, but why we eat – understanding how emotions, habits and lifestyles affect our eating habits is a big part of the puzzle.
Nutrition isn’t easy to get your head around. One minute it’s five-a-day, then it’s ten. Some people say carbs are OK, others have a pretty convincing argument that a grain-free diet is best.
Confused? I feel you! Every day we’re told something a bit different, but quite often it’s opinion rather than science. And sometimes we don’t have enough evidence to be sure. I hope to make things easier to understand by breaking down the science we do have, and helping you understand the links between what goes on your plate, and your health and wellbeing.
Qualifications and experience
- International Olympic Committee Diploma in Sports Nutrition
- Practitioner training in Mindful Eating
- FODMAP diet accredited
- Bachelors degree in Nutrition, Health and Lifestyles
- Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition
- Postgraduate Degree in Human Nutrition and Dietetics
- HCPC Registered (Health & Care Professionals Council)
- Member and Spokesperson for the British Dietetic Association (BDA)
- Member of Sports Dietitians UK